Climate in Everest region
Spring season (March to June), the weather is favorable for trekking. This season attracts a lot of tourists, and the temperature reaches up to 25 degrees on summer days and dropdown to -20 degrees at night.
Monsoon starts in July and lasts till mid-September. This time is not recommended for trekking as during this season, due to high rainfall the roads become more slippery and riskier.
Autumn (September to November) is also the best time for trekking in the Everest region. During this season, the entire region bloomed up with gorgeous rhododendrons and other wildflowers.
Winter begins from November to February. This season presents a very extreme cold. January is considered to be the coldest month of the year where the temperature falls and reaches to -36 degrees and can go down below to -60 degrees. Despite all the low temperature, the biggest issue faced by the mountain climbers is the hurricane, force wind, and wind chill where the force of the wind develop reaching more than 285 km/hr.
Everest Base Camp Route
Reaching to Everest Base Camp is a dream to various trekkers. There are two base camps, the northern base camp that lies in Tibet whereas the southern base camp, which is situated in Nepal. Both the base camps are used by the trekkers in order to ascend and descend where goods are carried by yaks, porters, and Sherpas. They are the means of transportation in this base camp.
The trails of southern base camp are really rough, rocky and steep, which makes it a challenging for the trekkers. The route for the southern base camp starts from the Tenzing Hillary airport at Lukla (2,800 m), the second dangerous airport and the best air routes in the world as from flight, one is able to see stunning snow-capped Himalayan mountains such as Lhotse, Nuptse, Thamserku. Amadablam, Langtang Ri, and the Everest.
From Lukla, the trek starts towards Phakding (2,652 m) through the Cheplung village, passing through the majestic pine forest. Leaving Benkar and Jorsala valley behind, one reaches to Namche Bazaar where generally al the trekkers take a day off and explore the region. From Namche, the trek resumes and the visitors pass through Tengboche Monastery crossing the Loche river, reaching to one small ascend to Dingboche (4,400 m). From here, one reaches to Lobuche via Duglha and head towards Gorak Shep (5,180 m,) which finally leads to the Everest Base Camp (5,364 m)
Everest Base Camp Difficulty
It is said that difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations, this can be sad for this trek too. The journey leads person to reach a calming state of mind, yet there are various obstacles present before reaching the destination. The difficulty level of the Everest Base Camp is moderate. The trekking time often requires two weeks. Even though the EBC Trek requires no prior trekking expertise, it is suggested that the trekker should be determined and be physically fit.
EBC Trek Altitude
Among the various hurdles of EBC, the altitude is considered to be one of the major difficulty. As this trek starts at the height of 3,000 meters, and the base cap is situated at the height of 5400 meters above the sea level, which is actually a great height. Therefore it is strongly recommended that if a person has any breathing problem, they should completely avoid this trek. A trekker is suggested to take proper medical advice before trekking at these heights and research altitude sickness.
Distance from Lukla to EBC
The distance between Lukla to the Everest Base Camp is nearly 130 kilometers only, yet some of the trekkers might find the distance being too long. The trekkers must keep in mind that even though the distance is small the trekking is on altitude and on non-paved rocky, steep, roads.
Training before EBC Trek
For trekking, the trekkers need to be physically fit and energetic. That's why they must start practicing those exercises, which generally strengthens the leg muscles. This is necessary as the weak people may find it difficult to walk on those unpaved rocky roads and adjust in the hilly area.
- Few safety measures to know before going on Everest Base Camp Trek
- The weather is harsh, therefore the trekkers must take cautions and carry basic medications or first aid with them.
- One should always keep themselves hydrated as it reduces the chance of getting altitude sickness.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks as it makes you extremely dehydrated.
- You must invest in buying good trekking equipment like bags, shoes etc.
- You should always wear sunglasses as in high altitudes, as striking sun raises might cause snow blindness or other eye problems.
- The trekkers must not rush and must include enough acclimatization during the trek to stay away from Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS).
- Research thoroughly about the region before commencing the trip.
- Few etiquettes to be followed while on EBC Trek:
- Pay respect to local customs and traditions
- Never stand in the streamside, instead stand on the mountainside while the yaks and mules are passing
- Be on the right side while passing any Mani wall or Chortans
- Avoid giving money to the begging children, instead, donate that money to any charity or development programme
Everest Base camp trek 15 days itinerary
Day 1: Arrival day and pre-trip meeting at hotel or office.
Day 2: City sightseeing and preparation days for the trekking
Day 3: Fly to lukla from Kthmandu and trek to Phakding and overnight at guest house.
Day 4: Trek to Namche and overnight at guest house
Day 5: Rest day at Namche
Day 6: trek to tengboche and overnight at guesthouse.
Day 7: trek to dingboche and overnight at guest house.
Day 8: Rest day at dingboche.
Day 9 trek to lobuche and overnight at guest house,
Day 10: trek to gorakshep and hike to Everest base camp and overnight at guest house.
Day 11: Morning hike to kalapatther and trek back to Pheriche. and overnight at guest house.
Day 12: Trek to Namche and overnight at guesthouse.
day 13: trek to Lukla and overnight at guest house.
Day 14: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 15: Final Depature,
For Details itinerary please visit our Full Package Informations.
Cost Include/Exclude for Everest base camp trek 15 days
- Arrival & Departure Transport By private Car/Van/Bus.
- Three meals a day during the Trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Accommodation in Tea House during the Trekking.
- Three nights Accommodation in Kathmandu with B/B.
- Trekking Guide and a proter (Sharing by two clients) with Insurance, food, accommodations.
- Flight ticket for guide Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu
- Flight ticket for Clients Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with car and tour guide
- First Aid kit.
- Trekking permit (Conservation fee).
- Tims card (Trekking information management system) as like a permit.
- Free Company's duffel bag.
- All needed official fee.
- International Airfare.
- Your travel insurance.
- Sightseeing entrance fees (25 USD)
- Nepal Visa fee (US$ 40 for 30 days and US$ 25 for 15 days you should get visa open your arrival)
- Any kind of drinks, items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, Porters etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters
- Extra hotel accomodation in the kathmandu due to any region. (early arrival, late departure, Early arivaled due to any reason from mountains).
May I help you?
Note: given itinerary are a regular package itinerary. If you will need a customize trip to Everest base camp let us know. For more details about everest base camp trek or other everest region packages. just visit at our package list. if you need more details about everest base camp mail us at. firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +9779851087391 (WhatApp, Viber, Wechat).
Easy way to Explore Everest base camp
If you wish to be everest base camp without hiking you might have better options to be Kalapathhar everest base camp within one day and back to Kathmandu. The tour called Everest Base Camp helicopter. This is a day tour which is started from the capital city of everest base camp for some some hours and then flight will be back to same started point kathmandu.
Everest scenic flight also one of the option of visit Mount Everest and other high mountain of Everest region. this is a scenic flight by a small plane which is fly over the everest and other mountains. which is exploring mountains without any physical activities.
most popular Everest base camp tour
- Everest Base Camp Trek
- EBC Chola Pass Gokyo Trek
- Everest Three Pass Trek
- Everest Kongmala Pass Trek
- Phaplu Everest Base Camp Trek
- Everest Base Camp Short Trek
- Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek